67th Kennebunk River Club Casino Art Show & Sale


Under Sail, Oil on Linen, 24x20 in.

Kennebunk River Club Casino Art Show

 

Hosts the 67th Art Exhibit on Sunday, August 11th, 2024  

 

Each artist is allowed to submit one work of art for exhibit and judging.

Awarded works will display their ribbons and all the artwork is for sale. 

 

I will be exhibiting my painting Under Sail, Oil on Linen , 20x24 in.

Come see all the fine creations which include oil paintings, watercolors, pastel, mixed media, photography and sculpture.

 

Open to the Public on Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 10-5pm


 

Kennebunk River Club
116 Ocean Ave, Kennebunkport, ME 04046

 

Proceeds from the Fine Art Exhibit support the Kennebunk River Club Casino and 1889 Boathouse, both of which are on the National Register of Historic Places.

 

 

Read More


Brick Store Museum - artist reception for 'a place to be'


Solo Exhibit

On Friday, August 9th, from 5-7pm the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk, Maine is hosting my solo exhibit 'a place to be' in the Bauman Family Gallery. The show will feature plein air and studio oil paintings about Maine and Florida. If you are in the area, come view the new work. I would love to see you. The 4-week exhibit runs until Sept. 8th, 2019

 


Read More


Harpswell and a Cruise


'Harpswell, Maine', the giant stairs

Harpswell, Maine 12x16 Oil on Museum panel is currently in a 4 week private duo show and sale titled 'From Here to There' at the Auburn Colony in Harpswell, Maine until July 16th. August 12th-13th it will be in the 62nd Annual River Club Art Show held at the The Kennebunk River Club in Kennebunkport, Maine.  If I still own the painting it is off to the Beth Ellis Gallery, 294 Shore Rd, Ogunquit, Maine for the 2nd week in August until Columbus Day weekend. This view of the 'Giant Steps' in early morning was painted from a photograph taken by photographer Sandy Orr. My preference is always to paint a sense of the space and atmosphere from the actual location so it is rare that I use another person's photograph in my work. When I do paint from photos, I usually paint those that I have taken on location. Having been there gives me a better sense of the light and how it hits my subject. However, when I saw the light that Sandy captured in her photo, I knew that I wanted to paint it. This motivated me to contact Sandy to ask for permission to use her photo as a guide for this painting. Happily, she approved my request and 'Harpswell, Maine' is the end result.

 

My husband Chris and I just returned from a Dave Koz Jazz cruise to the Mediterranean. A couple of years ago we went up the inside passage of Alaska with him and knew what an amazing cruise he puts together for attendees. This time, we spent 4 days in Venice, Italy before boarding a Holland America ship bound for Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Santorini, Greece and San Marino, Italy. Our itinerary onboard showcased talented musicians including saxophonists Gerald Albright, Richard Elliot, Candy Dulfer, Mindy Abair, and of course Dave Koz. Trumpeter Rick Braun, guitarist and singer Jonathan Butler, the beat happy Sheila E., singer Jeffrey Osborne and multi-instrumentalist Vincent Ingala entertained us too. There was singer-songwriter Javier Colon who won Season 1 of NBC's "The Voice" and my favorite drummer, Erik Valentine. Erik drums faster and with more excitement bouncing around and doing tricks than any drummer I have ever seen. Also on board and giving performances were guest artists, guitarist Paul Jackson Jr., pianist and songwriter Patrice Rushen, saxman Marcus Anderson, Patrick Bradley, and music director to the biggest stars ever, Greg Phillinganes. We heard singers Aubrey Logan and the amazing Kenny Lattimor, comedian extraordinaire Ron Pearson, The UK Collective, The LA Collective, as well as singers, musicians and party bands galore, too numerous to mention. If you like jazz and have never been on a Dave Koz Jazz Cruise, I highly recommend one. There is more to do on the ship and in ports of call than you can possibly do in the time you are there. 

 

The story about this fabulous trip, all the ports of call and the photographs from this adventure can be read in my June-July 2017 Email Newsletter  found on my secure website at www.diannanandersonart.com.  To read this newsletter and others, you will need to sign up for my once every month or two Email Newsletter about my plein air and studio painting adventures, exhibits, and travel. Y our email address is private and will never  be shared for any reason. If you no longer wish to follow me, you can unsubscribe at any time. 

Read More



Recent Works
Buoy 2
Sunset Beach
Snug Harbor Farm
Lakeside
Join My Email List

Updates, Latest Works and News